Friday, March 21, 2008

Flashback Friday

This is my first Flashback Friday post. I love this idea because I have about 40 blog posts running around in my head, but they are all too complicated to sit down and capture at the moment, so this makes it easy. I took this picture (of a picture - very high-tech, I know) when I visited my sister Kristen in Kansas over the weekend. She is the little blond cutie in the red dress. I think she totally looks like my little Luke! Everyone says Luke is "such a Yates" but I'm here to prove that he just might have a little Price in him, too. He reminds me of Kristen in a lot of ways. His big wide smile, fluffy blond hair, and especially his crazy little personality. He always has me laughing, just like Kristen does. Not that you're crazy, KD, you are just fun, and I miss you so much already! Back to the picture. My cute parents are in the middle, obviously, and we'll just go clockwise from my dad: Me with the unfortunate brown horse hair, Kristen, Teresa, Alison and Ryan. This might seem like a lot of kids, but there were three more yet to come, and this picture seems so incomplete without them! That is why I will probably end up with 40 kids; what if my parents had only had 3? or 5? or 7? I would have missed out on some of my very favorite people in the whole entire world! So if I use this reasoning in my own family, I will definitely be in trouble... Anyway, I think I must have been about seven in the picture, but who really knows. The 80s are all just a big blur to me at this point. I've been trying to find a picture of Luke that looks like Kristen, but it is hard to find one where he doesn't look like he's on crack. I also think I'm guilty of having a permanently dirty-faced kid. What can I say, I grew up in the 80s.

24 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are so cute Anne Marie! And is that an Olan Mills picture? Sooo popular. And your sis and Luke totally look alike, I can see the resemblence.

Heidi J. said...

I agree, I think that luke does look like your sister. so cute!!

Savage Family said...

So fun!!! I loved the picture of your family!! I agree that Luke does look like your sister too!

a-anderson said...

What a cute family picture. I too can see Luke in your sister. You are such a fun mom I think you should have lots of kids just like your parents.:)

Christie said...

I totally see the resemblence. Cute, cute pic!

Heidi P said...

Cute Family picture! Your Luke is a cutie too. Is it hard to explain how to get a link on a word- like you did with your family names? I need computer help...

Stephanie said...

I love old family pics. I will agree with everyone else about Luke. They have the same eyes.

Cutie Pies said...

Anne Marie, how cute!! Say what you want about your hair but I think it is so cute! Your whole family is so cute! ok gotta stop with the word cute. But how can I? cute, cute, cute! (oh and Luke DOES look like your sister. Tell your family it is unanimous. All the blog writers agree)

Dimick's said...

I love the Price Family! What a great picture to bring back memories. I'm so glad Luke has Kristen's personality and looks, how fun is that. She tops my favorite people list.
Also, I'm baking the rolo cookies today for our Easter picnic. They looked so good I could not resist-thanks for the yummy idea.

Anonymous said...

I think you are way cute!! Thanks for sharing :)

carrie said...

I love your family picture!! You look as cute as always, no matter WHAT you say. :o) Before I even read what you had written...I scrolled down to see the picture, and the first thing I said to Jason was for him to come and see how much Luke looks like your sister!! I love it.... What a cute family you have. Then AND now. :o)

Annie said...

Love it Anne Marie! I think you are so cute! In fact, what a cute family all together! Sorry we missed each other the other day. Call when you get a minute. HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Well, of course I totally think I look like Luke because he is so cute and I want to be that cute! I love this picture of us, but it does seem like we're missing way too many kiddies!

Christa said...

I love the picture!

Andrea said...

Oh so cute! I think it is so fun to see other family members in your kids! I love that idea too! HEy hope to see you tonight :)

alison said...

Yeah, I think of having 8 kids and about die!!! But it is so true that the picture looks empty without SDP, SNP, and AJP.
Love!!

Shauna said...

What a fun idea. I have to agree as well that Luke looks a lot like your sister Kristen. I loved the picture of you as well. I could pick you out so easily!

Joy said...

So cute. I love it!

Oceanchild said...

Oh i totally remember this picture. And yes it seems incomplete without the other three.

It wasn't just the 80s that produced dirty face kids, huh? And we always made fun of our Oakley dam pics. Now I wish my boy looked that good.

Teresa said...

yes, kdph & lukey look a ton the same! they are so wild & free. happy birthday my love!!! you get more beautiful with each year. ha. love!

Heidi J. said...

Hey I just wanted to tell you Happy Birthday!! I hope you are having a fun day and get to do something fun!!

Gina said...

Hey AnneMarie...I just got your message, so yes that is the right number!! I hope you are having a very happy birthday!! Love ya lots...Gina

Lindsay said...

I hope you have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Are you old yet? I mean, 30? Have a great day :)

Monica said...

I love your flashback photo! How fun.