Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Denver Girls' Weekend

This past weekend I had the very rare and wonderful opportunity to take a girls' road trip with my mom and sisters (one of which is a sister-in-law, but really a sister, right Christa?). Two of my sisters were running a 10K in Denver, so the rest of us decided the best thing to do would be to drive out and support them, and we were right. Teresa flew from SL, and Kristen drove out from Wichy. (They did awesome in their race, by the way. I want to be them when I grow up.)We had SO MUCH FUN. No kids, no husbands, just US. We did everything we've always dreamed of, like going out to eat, and shopping. We're really not that hard to please. Just give us a little cash, a few days to blow it in, and we're happy.
The beautiful city of Denver.

In case you're wondering, yes, we are used to posing for a living. Have you met our dad and his camera? We figured out a long time ago the best thing to do when the camera is around is just smile and get it over with. Now we are grateful to our dad for all the pictures through the years, and of course all the training.

This is l-r: Teresa (daughter #4), Shayna (#5), Alison (#2), Me (#1), Kristen (#3), our lovely mamacita, and Christa (married to son #1).
Love you guys!!! Till next year....

11 comments:

Annie said...

I am so jealous! I would love to have a weekend away with my mom and sisters. Your darling sister Teresa gave my kids their flu shots yesterday. She was quick and efficient and we survived without too much drama. It's amazing how much you all look alike!

Stephanie said...

You should thank the gorgeous mom of yours every day.

You gals are all extremely attractive!

alison said...

SO MUCH FUN!!! Can't wait until next year!! :)

carrie said...

You guys are ALL so stinking cute. I'm glad you had fun. What a great family you have.... No wonder you're so awesome. :o) xoxo So....what's up for next week? Are you going to be around?

Julie said...

How fun! That sounds like a blast. We've been trying to get a girl's trip together but can't seem to make it work. I just realized you guys have 5 girls and 3 boys in your fam- opposite of my family. You guys look so CUTE!

Tiffany said...

What an awesome fun weekend. Sounds like just what I need! You're all so dang pretty. Love all the professional poses.

Anonymous said...

This was one of the best weekends ever. I loved it. I just wish we could do it every weekend. Love the post!

Joanne said...

I saw these pics on FB. I love it!! You guys are so cute.Running, shopping, eating oh and yes, no kids, no husbands. Staying up late. FUn..fun..fun...

Shelly said...

I hope you don't mind but I stole the picture of all the shopping bags on the hotel bed for a post on my blog. I loved it! I am glad you ladies were able to spend that time together. I think it is so important to stay close as a family and especially as sisters and Mom.

Shauna said...

You guys are all so beautiful. What a wonderful trip to spend with your mom & sisters. So fun! Glad to hear your doing well.

Tara said...

How is it that you are ALL tall and beautiful??? You suck-my family is all chunky (for the most part)-Good to see you are New Moon-I HEART JACOB AND EDWARD!!