Friday, July 9, 2010

Summa Time

In some ways I secretly dread the coming of summer, thinking it will so hard to be out of our routines and wonder how am I going to keep the kids entertained when school ends, and all that. But then summer gets here and it is so nice and pleasant to have warm weather and have time to just have fun. We've had a great summer so far. Let's just say I have spent a lot of time sitting on the deck eating popsicles with the kids. In other news, this summer both boys are playing baseball.
Dallin is doing coach pitch. He loves it.

Luke is doing tee ball. He hates it.

Lehi Roundup days were great, as usual. The kids love the parade and rodeo.

Abby got all dressed up for the rodeo, but then I send her with my in-laws after the parade so we could enjoy the night. I'm pretty sure she enjoyed hanging out with her grandma and grandpa more than she would have liked the rodeo.

The boys LOVED the rodeo, of course. You can see from my expanding belly that my due date is approaching. I am scheduled to have this little guy on Friday, August 6. Holy cow, that is four weeks from today. Yikes! What am I going to do with four kids? I'll think about it tomorrow.

We've had one round of swimming lessons at the American Fork pool and are scheduled to begin another one the last two weeks of July. We have been doing evening lessons and they are great. No sunscreen required! Why do I hate putting sunscreen on my kids so much? I swear, I would rather do yard work.
.
Dallin's big accomplishment of the summer has been learning to ride a bike. Yeah, he's a little old. But he has always refused to try without training wheels and this summer I haven't really felt like huffing down the street with him in the hot sun, so he has stayed on a four-year-old biking level for about seven years now. Then one night my sisters Teresa and Shayna were here and I asked them to help him learn. About 10 minutes later he was riding all over the neighborhood by himself. Thanks, girlies.  I owe you one. 

We had a fun little fishing trip up to Clear Lake where the boys caught 12 fish. Jason even helped Abby catch her first fish ever. She was thrilled.

And then there's this strange creature. Abby has officially adopted the fake owl from our yard as her new best friend. One day she came running into the house with a huge smile on her face, lugging the giant bird, saying, "She's name Who-Who! She's name Who-Who!!" So Who-Who is now the latest member of our family and sleeps beside Abby in her crib, and usually next to her in the car. Whatever floats your boat, my child. Just take a little nap. I need to go put my feet up for a while...

5 comments:

KayeLynne said...

I can't believe you are having your baby Aug. 6. that will be here in no time at all. It looks like you are having a great summer so far. I love that Abby has adopted a HUGE wooden owl. SO CUTE.

Tara said...

You are freakin' hilarious!!! Yard work over sunscreen-I will take your word for it since I don't put sunscreen on my kids (insert audible gasp here). Love the wooden owl in bed-kids are nuts. At least mine are! Good luck surviving summer and having 4 kids (let me know how is goes...still deciding if I am up for the challenge).

Jilleen said...

August 6th is a great day... my little Haley's birthday is on the 6th. It's coming up soon. You look great!

Shauna said...

Your kids are darling and so grown up Annemarie, and you are pregnant! Yeah, I am so excited for you! Miss ya!

Joanne said...

You look great, final stretch!!! Good luck on your big day :)). Haahaa no sunscreen required. too funny! Here I am constantly applying sunscreen to my boys. Again, Good Luck on Aug 6th!