Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dallin's Last Day of First Grade

My little Dallin finished the first grade last week! I need therapy to get my through my kids growing up. I can't deal with it. I know it's a good thing, but I'm so sad. He can't be done with the first grade, because then he'll go on to the second grade, and that is practically adulthood. Once you learn your times tables, you may as well just move out of the house because you are no longer a child. I am so proud of him, though. He loved this school year, and he had a great teacher, Miss Oliekan. She was so kind to him, and was a good sport when every journal entry and every art assignment was somehow related to hunting. She told me she learned a lot this year!
He looks so serious. But, he's not a serious child. He is a serious goof. Love this boy!!!

Here's to summer and to all the fun changes it will bring...

1 comment:

Tara said...

We seriously need to find a drug that makes them get younger a little Benjamin Button-esque, if you will. I love babies but these big boys are gonna put me in the nut hut! 2nd grade here we come!