Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Camping at Lagoon

Every year Jason's work has "Lagoon Day" on Memorial Day. This year we decided to pull the trailer up and spend the night at the Lagoon Campground so we would be ready to hit the park bright and early. It was such a good time! The kids were in heaven.

When Abby is really happy, she hops instead of walks. You can tell in this picture that she is just thrilled.

What a nut.

The campground is right outside the little "zoo" area, and the kids loved going out and looking at the animals. Plus, it was nice that we weren't quite close enough for the llamas to spit on Dallin, which has happened in years past. Not joking. What kind of a llama spits on a two-year-old? I mean really, Lagoon. We should have pressed charges. We could OWN Lagoon right now. I know the first change I would make. It would involve background checks at the campground.

There is some kind of rule in my family that at least one person has to be making a weird face in every single picture. I've given up on trying to get everyone to look normal. Sorry. Dallin must be having a flashback of the llama spit in this picture because he looks slightly out of it.

Jason and the kids had a rocking game of How to Train Your Dragon while I read my book. What could be more perfect?

The weather at the park on Monday was so nice. Warm, but just overcast enough that we didn't need sunscreen. I know, I know, you can still get burned though the clouds, blah blah blah. Whatever. No you can't. Or else I would be laying out in my yard right now.

Luke's version of a "smile".

I can't believe these little boats haven't sunk in the 30+ years they have been floating around this ride. I remember riding in them when I was this age.

See what I mean about weird faces? Both of them. Seriously.

I'll be honest. I normally hate Lagoon, and all theme parks for that matter. The lines, the crowds, the whiny kids, the abusive animals... But this day was different. It was actually and truly a good time. I love days like that!

3 comments:

Tara said...

SO glad to have you back in the blogging game. Never been to Lagoon but probably because I have an aversion to "carnie folk." Maybe Lagoon is a little upscale and don't have as many but the still are a little scarey. That, and I vomit on rides.

Shelly said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Your kids are so cute. Hope you're having a fun summer.

Joanne said...

So fun! You look great!!! We still have 2 more weeks left. I can't wait for Summer!