Sunday, November 27, 2011

They say bad things happen in 3s...

I hope it's true that bad things happen in 3s and I'm not just starting to have an unlucky, terrible life! Ha ha, it's not that bad, but sometimes it feels like it. It started last Friday, the week before Thanksgiving, with my arms aching. I thought that was weird, but I continued on with my life. Until I couldn't continue on any more because my whole body was aching. Then the fevers started. Then they would break, and I (and my pajamas and bedsheets) would be bathed in sweat. TMI, I know, but I had to live it for four days! One night I went through five sets of pajamas and ended up sleeping between beach towels because I ran out of blankets. So lovely. Finally, Tuesday evening I dragged myself and my four little neglected kiddies to the Instacare and was diagnosed with pneumonia!! I did have a deep cough, but the cough was the least of my worries. I just kept waiting for the fevers and aches to go away, but they never did. Fortunately, the doctor gave me some strong antibiotics and I had a day to try to recover for Thanksgiving. By Thursday, I was feeling much better. We enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving with Jason's family, then hopped in the truck and drove to Burley that night so Jason could, what else, hunt early Friday morning. Truthfully, I wasn't really feeling up to traveling, but I made it and it was nice to be home with my family and just relax. While I was there, Bad Thing #2 happened. My cell phone was accidentally dropped in a body of water. Also known as the toilet. Argggg. It has been out of commission ever since. So it will be fun to brave the Verizon store during the holiday season to try to get that whole mess figured out. Then, as we were packing up to leave Saturday afternoon, Bad Thing #3 happened. I was holding Jake, trying to balance a few bags on my arm and lean over to pick up a few more, and I somehow tweaked my back. BAD. As in, I still can't even walk. If I lie still in one position, it's okay, but if I have to move, well, I just can't. Getting Jake in and out of his crib is quite the ordeal. So that's my little gratitude post for Thanksgiving. I'm grateful that I'm not dead and I know things could be worse. I'm grateful that I don't have much going on this week and I can try to recover and maybe even get into the Christmas spirit. Or not. We'll see...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Bless your heart! I am sorry that you are a mess. Let me know if I can do anything for you! Maybe we will see you at Aunt Wilmas... Loves~

KayeLynne said...

Oh man AnneMarie, sorry to hear this. Hope you get feeling better soon. The next time you drop your cell phone in water, put it in a zip lock bag full of rice and leave it for three days. You might be surprised. I once accidentally WASHED my fit bit in the washing machine and then tried this trick,and it worked. Brian has also saved his phone doing this same trick.
feel better soon.

Jenna said...

Your sum up "I'm grateful I'm not dead" made me laugh, Anne Marie. I know, sorry, but I feel that way a lot and it was funny how you put it so bluntly at the end of a very dismal post. So thanks for the laugh. :) I know, I know--I'm a bad friend. I can recommend a fabulous chiropractor if you need one. He always fixes me right up. He is in Orem though...nobody's perfect. :)

T+J said...

AMPY! you poor little lamb, I wish I was there to help you out. I hope your back gets better soon. We will need to go on a run when I'm there, so hopefully you'll be all better by then. Love you!!