Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Great Goldfish Disaster of 2012

Seriously, this child of mine. I guess it is my fault not only for buying an enormous box of goldfish, but for being foolish enough to think that goldfish + Dora on the TV would = some time for me to practice the piano. And not only did Jake dump out the entire (new!) box, he sat and swam around in the middle of them and crunched them into a beautiful fine powder with his fingers. Pure joy to a little almost 18-month-old! I can not even tell you how many times a day we have incidences like this. The other night I bathed him, put his pajamas on, then proceeded to bathe another one of my dirty children. I was sitting right there, on the (closed) toilet, when suddenly this appeared in front of me:
How did he get past me, into the tub and get the washcloth on his head without me even noticing? Maybe the problem is me and my spaced-out, sleep-deprived brain. And yes, most children play with rubber duckies in the tub. My kids play with duck decoys. Real ones with creepy red eyes that they got at the hunting expo last year and can't live without.

7 comments:

Rita said...

I still say that he is an angel that would never do anything like that! :)

Rita said...

Grandma Rita was the unknown comment

Lindsay said...

The ducks in the tub KILL me! Hillarious.

T+J said...

hahah, oh myyy that is hilarious! I love your posts about your family. I hope our kids are like yours :) I can't wait for MEXICO!!! we're going to have SO MUCH FUN! Love you!!

Tiffany said...

What a sweet little cutie! I love it! Sorry about the mess but it is way cute. And the ducks are awesome!

Tara said...

That is hilarious only because it means Im not alone!

Rachel said...

God bless! Your kids are so cute and they are lucky to have you... I love the duck decoys.. It made me smile!