Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thank you, Stephenie!

Stephenie Meyer has brought a lot of good things to my life. First, of course, was the Twilight series. Next came The Host, which I am almost finished with but don't want to read the last 50 pages because then I'll have to wait until August for her next book to come out! Then last weekend I went to her book signing with two of my favorite friends and had an absolute blast. It was so fun to meet her and listen to her speak. She is so down-to-earth and I can't believe that such amazing things can come out of her imagination! It was inspiring.I was so excited to introduce her to Abby. Someday Abby and I can talk about how much we love Edward and Ian, and I will tell her that she met Stephenie Meyer and she will be so happy and be like, wow, my mom was cool once! Well, probably not. Anyway, after the book signing, we went to the Cheesecake Factory. It was my first time and I LOVED it! I can't wait to go back (who's with me?). It was the perfect day. Continuing on with the list of things Stephenie Meyer has brought to my life, she was on Good Things Utah last Friday, so I watched, and they featured these ribs:

I made them last night and they were so good! They are called Angel's Quick Peachy Pork Ribs. You can link to the recipe on the Channel 4 web site, or here it is:

Simmer boneless country ribs in chicken broth 45-50 minutes.
While ribs are simmering place into a blender the following ingredients:
Quick Peachy Sauce:
1 (16 oz.) can sliced peaches, drained
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup vinegar
2 T. soy sauce
2 cloves garlic
2 t. ground ginger
1 t. salt
Pepper to taste
Place ribs on grill over medium heat. Baste both sides with sauce. Grill for 3 minutes; baste again on both sides. Grill for another 3 minutes. Because these ribs are pre-cooked you can grill them to your liking. We enjoy them when the sauce starts to caramelize and the grill marks are seared into the meat for a nice crispy outside and a moist, delicious inside.

I have never cooked ribs on the grill before and it was so fun. My favorite part was that they are cooked in chicken broth beforehand, so they were very tender and I didn't have to worry about them being raw in the middle. I have this thing with rawness. It just freaks me out, so I always cook meat way too long and ruin everything. But these turned out really great. The sauce was good, but it makes a TON, so you might want to halve it. So let's review... we've got Edward, Ian, Cheesecake Factory and ribs. I guess my point is, I just love Stephenie Meyer!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I love Stephenie Meyer AND more importantly....I love you chica!!!! Thanks for the best weekend. I loved all of it! :) Can't wait for August 2nd and December 12th....

Christie said...

Those ribs look good - I'm not a fan of raw meat either, so I'd be interested in the recipe. Feel like sharing?

Oceanchild said...

What a fun night. I don't think I've ever been to a book signing in all my years. And I have yet to eat at Cheesecake because every time we go the line is a million miles long...someday though.

I'll have to put Twilight on my book list. I don't know why I'm skeptical since everyone I know has read them. We shall see.

Heidi P said...

Can I hire you as my cook? You are always making such yummy stuff! Your family is lucky. We eat cold cereal way too much :)

Plus, you look so hot in your apron. Your husband totally loves you.

So do I :)

carrie said...

I loved that day~! It was so much fun...and I'm so glad we could go. I loved being around your cute, little Abby, too. I swear, she is THE best behaved little munchin EVER. :o) The ribs you make look so stinking good, too. I am FOR SURE going to try those. You are SUCH a good cook. Thank you for everything you do for me. You're the best and I love you.

Andrea said...

AnnMarie, you never cease to amaze me with all the yummy things you are fixing! I am so glad you guys had fun with Stephanie. I wish she would have talked longer too but oh well atleast she did what she did.
It was great to see you last night and thanks again for driving. I will be thinking of you this next week :)

Anonymous said...

ok... stephanie meyer is a saint in my office.. the girls cant stop talking about her and the movie coming out .. maybe someday i will read the books i know my 14 YEAR OLD LOVES THEM... so do you cater?? food looks great ...

janae said...

That is so cool you met Stephenie! I really admire her. I love Cheesecake Factory too. The Chicken Madiera rocks! And your ribs look so good. Where do you find the time to do all you do???

Julie said...

I can't beleive you got to meet her! I am waiting to read THe Host for my July book club at my house and it's killing me. So cool to see how far she has come!

Stephanie said...

I am sooo jealous, It looks like you guys had a great time! I saw Stephenie on GTU and thought Ohhh I wish I was there.

a-anderson said...

That is so fun that you went to the book signing. I love her books. I need to read The Host next.

Heidi J. said...

It sounds like you guys had alot of fun! and I am going to have to try those ribs

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed you got to meet Stephanie Meyer. The cheesecake factory is amazing. I'll have to try your new recipe. Also, you look so cute in this picture! You need to post pictures of Luke with his haircut. Love this post! Can't wait to see you soon!

Teresa said...

you're so lucky!! she is quite the talent. we should all go to the cheesecake factory sometime! all price girls invited.& i'm definitely trying the ribs recipe, kyle loves ribs.

Savage Family said...

What a fun day!! I love reading your posts!!!!

carrie said...

Anne Marie....We made the ribs on Monday and they were FABULOUS!! Thank you for the recipe!! We all loved them!! :o)