Wednesday, February 18, 2009

V Day

This year I didn't have much planned for Valentine's Day because the day before was our big Young Men/Young Women fundraiser, which was a Valentine's Dinner/Dance and was quite a large production. I wasn't planning on anything for Valentine's Day besides just getting that big event out of the way, so you can imagine how surprised I was when I walked into the kitchen on Friday morning and found this:
Oh, how sweet! Roses, a bottle of Martinelli's, a bag of chocolate-covered ju-ju hearts, a gift certificate to go tanning... I thought, "Why in the world would I need to go tanning, besides the fact that I am extremely white? It's February - who cares?" Then I opened up the card, and it all made sense - a trip to Mexico! These are pictures of the resort we stayed at in Peurto Vallarta on our honeymoon. I think we're going to try for Cancun this time. Anyone have any suggestions for places to stay/things to do there? I'm so excited!! This has been the longest, coldest winter I've ever had and I have been craving sunshine and beaches and warmth. I'm so tired of being cold! Now I have something to look forward to. Jason's plan is to go sometime next month, so I can't wait to get it booked and official!! Jason is just too good to me.
So after that fun surprise, I had renewed courage to face the night ahead. Our fundraiser turned out really well, with only a few minor snags. The food was amazing, we had a great turnout, and it seemed like everyone had a really great time. Several people suggested that we make this an annual event, but I can't even think about that right now. That's like asking someone who is in the hospital after just giving birth if they are ready for another baby.(I hesitate to post pictures of people in the ward without their knowledge, but I'm pretty sure Brother Field won't mind! This is why I love my ward.)

14 comments:

Christa said...

I can't believe it, way to go Jason!

I bet the Valentine's dinner/dance was great!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

SO Jealous!! Ask Gary, he'll tell you I've been craving a getaway too!! Have a wonderful time!
You guys did such a great job on the fundraiser! I think everything was perfect! Good job!

Tiffany said...

What an great husband. That is awesome. The dinner was a lot of fun. I hope you have a total blast on your getaway.

Jilleen said...

I must say I am super jealous myself! Shelly and Marci have been to Cancun a few times, you could ask them. I on the other hand know nothing (unfortunately)!

a-anderson said...

That's what I call a great valentine's gift. I don't know where to stay, but that will be so fun!

carrie said...

Oh Anne Marie....I am so proud of Jason for giving you such an awesome gift. You are someone who TRULY deserves it. Have I told you lately just how great you are?? 'Cause if I haven't, YOU ARE. Thank you SO MUCH for being such a great friend to me. I will just leave it at that for now. :o) I don't want to get all sentimental here on your blog. ha ha Seriously though....the Valentine's Day dance looked like it was fantastic. I'll bet the YW in your ward just love you too death. Back to your trip.... I'm so jealous. I would love to get out of this crappy, cold weather. :o) Love your guts.

Annie said...

That is so awesome! Do you need help with your kids while you are gone? Cancun is one of my favorite places ever! There is so much to do there. We'll have to talk. The valentines dinner was a huge success. It was so fun, I wish we could've stayed longer.

Oceanchild said...

Just don't drink any water or have any ice in cancun. I've never been sicker in my life! Sounds like so much fun. I'm very jealous and you totally deserve it.

Looks like your party turned out great as well. It was so fun seeing you. landon is still talking about "my cousins" we'll need to get together again soon!

WeTheTeeples said...

What a thoughtful husband you have. You guys are going to have so much fun. Do you need some traveling buddies?

Teresa said...

nice work jason!! that will be a blast for you guys. ha & i love the old dude dancing! & i agree, you deserve a HUGE vacation from all your hard work. & i was SO excited to get an email from you today, just made my day :) love ya love ya!

Christie said...

What a great suprise! I was just talking to a coworker who went to Cancun to an all-inclusive resort last week. It sounds like HEAVEN! I hope you have the best time!

Unknown said...

Seriously??? Mexico for Valentines day?? I got a card...

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow....Now that is what I call a great Valentine's gift!! I have been in my own world lately and have been such a crappy friend....HOW ARE YOU?!?!

Sierra said...

That was the greatest ward party ever. I mean, ever. Thanks for putting in the long hours. (And have fun in mexico- we went to cancun three years ago and it was way fun).