Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dallin's Lost Tooth!

I'm calling this post "Dallin's Lost Tooth" because #1 - Dallin lost his first tooth, and #2 - we lost the tooth. Seriously, it has disappeared. We have searched high and low, and it is weird because I know it was sitting on the counter in a little bag when we left for church. I suspect foul play because I asked Luke about it several times and after saying no, he didn't know what happened to the tooth, he finally said, "Well, you shouldn't have put it in a baggie and left it right over there." Hmmm. I would not be surprised if it turned up in a very odd place. But anyway, I can't believe Dallin is old enough to loose a tooth! Somehow, the tooth fairy knew that he lost it and delivered his ONE dollar (setting the standard low here, people) that very night. I was sad when I realized that the first tooth he lost was actually his very first tooth (one of them - he got his first two teeth on the same day when he was eight months old). I remember how excited I was when he got his first teeth and how I felt like my little baby was so grown up. Now they are falling out. Makes me a little sad!
The loose tooth.

It finally came out!

"Mom, look at my teeth, too!"
I suspect someone was a little jealous
by all the attention Dallin got....

10 comments:

The Spradlin Family said...

I am so glad the tooth fairy didn't forget to come to your house (that happened to us, and we had a hard time trying to explain her spaciness). I can't believe Dallin has lost his first tooth. Before you know it...mission.

Stephanie said...

Very sweet. I remeber being so freaked out that my teeth were falling out of my head when I was little. Glad that is over.

I also noticed that I happened to be your 2000 customer on your little people counter. Do I get a prize or anything? New car? Trip to mexico?!?!? :)

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Yay Dallin!! Madi is dying to lose a tooth... She comes home from preschool and asks when she will lose some of her teeth.. I don't remember getting that excited.. Good luck finding his tooth!! Have a great night.

Oceanchild said...

One dollar? That is not even close to the low expectation I want to set for Landon. I'll be lucky if he gets a nickel.

Congrats to Fallin. Sorry to hear about the lost lost tooth. I can't wait to hear where you find it.

Oceanchild said...

oh I mean he'll be lucky to get a nickel. I'll be lucky to get away with it.

a-anderson said...

Lexi will be jealous. She can't wait to lose a tooth. Missing Tooth??? I suspect the little brother if he is anything like our little guy. And a dollar? I was thinking a quarter. Am I cheap of what???

alison said...

Good job Dallin!!! we are so proud of him. He is so cute in the pictures. Luke is pretty cute too. Whenever Josie talks about Luke she says "Lukey is so klarious!" (hilarious). haha.

carrie said...

I'm with Alish...I'm thinking you're a big spender with the dollar! ;o) ha ha I can't believe he's old enough to lose his teeth!! That means Jaxon will be soon, too.... That's unreal to me. Time sure flies, huh? As for the "foul play"...I was laughing so hard. I love Luke's little face in that picture....clearly wanting to be in on the fun, too. Maybe he's saving Dallin's teeth, so he can make a cool little necklace. ha ha I say that 'cause when I saved Matthew's teeth way back when...I remember him asking me "why" I was saving his teeth...and if I was going to make a necklace out of it. YEAH, RIGHT! ha ha

Tiffany said...

I don't do the whole loose tooth thing. I leave that to Nate. It gives me the willies to see them wiggle. Audrey has lost soo many teeth, now we just need to wait till she grows into the new ones, they are so big.

Jill said...

Anne Marie,
Marci referred us to your blog to read the post about Wyoming, but since it was awhile ago, and we didn't quite know how far back to go, we've pretty much been reading your blog and laughing for the past hour. We especially loved the guy up in the tree on Dallin's hunting cake this year. And Shayna's love connection at the Chuck-a-Rama. Maybe I should start eating there...
Love, Jill, Emily, and Melanie (we also loved the Kansas posts of course)