Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's finally here!

Today the new No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency novel was released, and I got it!!! I am so happy. I've had this date marked on my calendar forever, but I'm too cheap to pay shipping and pre-order from anywhere, so I just pressed my luck and went to Costco this morning and... they had it! It wasn't out on the table, so I asked the little book-stocker guy if he knew anything about it and he said, "Oh, yes, it's right here, waiting to be unpacked!" Then he opened a box, and gave me the first copy! I got hooked on this series four years ago when I was expecting Luke and all I wanted to do was curl up in a corner and read. Lucky for me, I only had one child at the time, and he still took naps, so that was possible. I think there were six books in the series then, and there has been a new one every April since. This is book #10, Tea Time for the Traditionally Built, and I am so excited to read it. I love this series. It's such a fun, easy read. If anyone ever wants to borrow any of these books from me, just let me know. I have all ten!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I need to start reading this series. Paul's Mom has all the books. Happy Reading =)

Tiffany said...

I would love to start a new series. I've read everything there is and now i'm bored. I'd love to borrow your copies.

Oceanchild said...

I've tried to watch the new series on HBO. I can't really get into it, but I"m sure I'd like the books as books are always better