Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I can see clearly now!

So I had Lasik eye surgery in March, as a result of killing a deer in October (thanks, Jason!). I was blind as a bat, so it was a huge improvement, but my vision still never got really CLEAR. It was always just a rat hair foggy, and I couldn't see far away very well. I kept waiting and waiting for it to improve, but finally last Monday I had a follow-up appointment and the doctor suggested that I have a "touch-up". Well, I wasn't sure what I thought about that because honestly, the surgery is just a little bit freaky and I didn't really want go through it again. I was nervous because I thought, if they couldn't get it right the first time, would they really be able to get it right the second time? I mean, there are only so many times they can chop into your eye. But I figured, what the heck, it's just my eyesight. What have I got to lose? ahem. But, I decided on the spur of the moment to just go ahead and do it. I was nervous all week, and finally last Saturday I did it! And I am SO happy to report that I can see! I can see! It worked amazingly. I am so happy and thrilled that I just had to share. If I've been ignoring you in the halls at church, or at Wal Mart, it's just because I couldn't see faces very well, so I've been avoiding looking at people because I'm pretty sure they think I'm looking at them strangly when I give them a weird squint and then look away. Really, it's just because I couldn't be sure who I was staring at until I got up close. But now I have no excuse! If I ignore you, it's because I mean to. And I'm sorry about that.

7 comments:

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Great! I'm happy it worked out for you! Eye sight it something we all take for granted.. Thanks for reminding me that it truely is a blessing! Talk to you later.

Amanda said...

I can so relate! My enhancement helped immensely! So glad you can see again!

carrie said...

I'm so glad you can see now! I want to get this surgery so badly, but I'm just a big chicken. It scares me...even though I know it will help me. Maybe someday.... ha ha I really am so glad it all worked out for you though!! Have a great week! xoxo

Tara said...

Where in the world have you been? I have missed reading your funniness! My dad has been bugging me for YEARS to get this done and he would pay for it but i say NO WAY IS ANYONE CUTTING MY EYEBALL OPEN! I got tested once to see if I could and I'm so blind they said I would still have to wear glasses/contacts. WHAT'S THE POINT? I am devastated...can you tell?

Kim said...

Congratulations on the eyes!!! Now when I see you at places I will expect you to say HI!!! LOL

Tiffany said...

I am so glad it's better for you. I didn't know you had it done in march, where have I been. Glad everything's good now.

Joanne said...

Wow! Glad you can see now :))