Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My cousin Kacey



I received the sad news this morning that my cousin Kacey was killed in a plane crash yesterday. I am heartbroken for his sweet wife and two little boys. Kacey was my brother Ryan's age and spent a lot of time in Burley at our house during the summers. I have a lot of fun memories with him. He was always up for an adventure and had a smile on his face. He probably tested his parents' patience a tad growing up because he was so energetic, but I remember him always being really respectful to my mom and reminding Ryan and me, "Your mom is calling you! You better go see what she wants!" when we would be busy playing and choose to ignore the call to dinner or do our chores or whatever else. I hadn't seen Kacey for several years, but I had the opportunity to see him and visit with him last month at the Crane Reunion. It was good to talk to him and catch up. He was still just the same old Kacey, kind and happy. He and his wife went through the temple a few months ago and were sealed to each other and to their boys. That gives me a lot of comfort and I'm so grateful for the plan of salvation and the opportunity we all have to be with our families forever.

1 comment:

Jilleen said...

I loved this post. What great memories you have of Kacey. I'm really glad I was able to see him with his cute family at the reunion. I didn't talk to him much... just a little joking banter around the dutch oven with Reed was all I really said to him, but I'm glad for at least that. His funeral was really good and there is a lot of comfort in knowing he was on the right path and such a great guy. I didn't get a chance to talk to all the cousins either. Like you said, it got over and then everyone was gone. And yes, we will hope for a happier occasion next time we see each other... maybe Walmart. :)