Monday, April 2, 2007

David and Goliath: The Success Story

What a good family I have. After my little health scare over the weekend, everyone was so kind as to bring me dinner (Alison, thank you, it was so good) and come over to hang out tonight. Our FHE went well, too. Dallin was David and had to petition King Saul (Luke) to fight Goliath (Jason). First David had to explain that he had already killed a lion (Halli) and a bear (also Halli) with his slingshot. Then he met Goliath and it only took him 6 or 7 shots to actually hit him, after which Goliath toppled over with a mighty roar and David ran up and cut off his head with the sword (toy golf club) on Goliath's belt. Then we took the moral of the story (everyone should know how to use a slingshot) and took turns shooting pom poms at the Goliath box. The winner (and all the losers) got Best Brown Brownies and ice cream. I for one had a great time and I am so thankful for my wonderful family. Lup lup to you all!!!

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Luke was truly a wise and fearless king and Dallin defeated the mighty Goliath swiftly and skillfully. Halli's performance as the lion and the bear was stunning. There wasn't a dry eye in the audience.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I wish I could have been there. What a great FHE! It looks like everyone had a fun time...

dprice said...

Hellooooooooo,
What an excellent FHE idea....I can predict an OSCAR (or at least an Ernie) for such a performance!

We had a good FHE last night also -- AJ found a word scramble website, and he put in a dozen or so words that pertained to the Word of W. Shayna was the only one to find all the words, and did it in record time -- I was still trying to find the number 2 word! Her friend Quinn was a willing participant, and found a few words also.

Hope all is well with you AMPY !! A fine blog indeed.

Love Dad

carrie said...

Your FHE idea is amazing!! You really know how to make the rest of us feel like losers. hee hee You're just too creative.