Monday, April 16, 2007

Um, don't burn the barn down...

We were eating dinner tonight and Dallin looked out the window and saw tons of black smoke coming over the rooftops behind our house. Being the ambulance-chaser that I am proud to be, I grabbed him and we ran out to do some investigatory reporting. It wasn't a house, thank heavens, but a barn (that was dangerously close to a house) and the flames were incredible. It was just south and west of us about two blocks away. The fire trucks weren't there yet, but we could hear the sirens coming. We ran back to our house and told Jason to grab Luke and get in the car for a closer view. We drove over as close as we dared while still maintaining our dignity (close enough to see, far enough to avoid the glares of the authorities). The flames were so close to the house that I can not believe it didn't catch fire. The house is in our ward, but I don't know who the people are. I bet they were having a few moments of fervent prayer, though.

4 comments:

alison said...

Wow, these are great pictures!!!

Oh, and are you happy with American Idol last night?? :)

Aaron said...

They are great pictures.
I cannot believe you got so close to it.
Arsonist hahah i laugh.....

Oceanchild said...

I'm thinking that Lehi is a dangerous place to live with all the explosions, fires, and ex-cop rages that you've experienced!

Steve said...

I would be willing to bet that when interview she said that there was someone else in the barn with her and the other person sayed, "I am going to burn this mother down!" (Quick movie trivia: What movie is that quote from.)