Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Grandma Crane

Well, Jason is off hunting in Kansas, so the kids and I are up in Burley at my parents' house for the week. It's always fun to be home. I just love being here and spending time with my family. On Friday, Abby and I had the opportunity to go with my mom to visit my Grandma Crane (my mom's mom) in Bennington, Idaho. It is about a 3-hour drive from Burley. It was such a good day. My grandmother just turned 90 last month and I hadn't seen her since my sister's wedding in April. It was such an incredible experience to be able to see her again and to introduce her to one of her newest great-grandchildren. At 3 weeks old, Abby is not even the newest addition - one of my cousins had a baby a week ago! My grandmother has led an amazing life and is such a great example to her 10 children, 50+ grandchildren and 100+ great-grandchildren. This was such a bittersweet experience for me because I knew it was very likely the last time I would be able to see her and talk to her in this life. She actually passed away just this morning. I am so grateful I was able to make the trip with my mom and be there with her one last time.

10 comments:

carrie said...

Anne Marie...What a beautiful picture. Abby will treasure that picture someday.... I think that's so wonderful that you were able to be up there to see your Grandma and spend time with her before she passed away. I feel so sad for you....and I wish there was something I could do to help you. Hopefully you'll be able to have a good week there with your family....and especially being there with your Mom during this hard time for her. Take care of yourself....and call me if there's anything I can do for you down here. :o)

Gina said...

That was very touching...and what an amazing picture to treasure!

a-anderson said...

That is the most precious picture and even more so now that your grandma has passed. I am so sorry that you have lost such a special and important person in your life.

Andrea said...

Oh AnnMarie, I am so sorry for your loss!! Truely!! That picture is so amazing, please let me know if there is anything I can do!

Oceanchild said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma. She really did lead an amazing life and family. I hope your family is doing okay. I'm so glad she and Abby got to meet and that is such a sweet picture.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't believe how sweet this picture is...I'm glad you got a picture of Grandma. She looks so peaceful! Can't wait to see you on Friday. Love!

alison said...

What a great picture. Little Abby is so cute. I wish I could have been able to have my kids see Grandma again.

Andrea said...

That sounds great! I hope you are doing ok! talk to you soon.

Shauna said...

What a neat picture. How wonderful that you captured this moment.I am sorry to hear about your grandma's passing. It is never easy to lose someone that you love. Our thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.
Shauna

WeTheTeeples said...

I am so sorry for our loss, but i am glad that you were with your family during this time. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
p.s. I love Abby's outfit :)