Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Abby is here!

My sweet little baby girl Abby Marie is finally here! She was born Friday, September 28 at 9:14pm. She was 6 lbs. 14 oz. and 17 1/2 inches long. She is a tiny little girl! It is so much different than having a great big boy! My two boys were 8 lbs. 11 & 12 oz. and 21 inches long, so it has been fun to have a little little baby. She is so sweet and good-tempered and is quickly making up for being a little pill when she was born! She was breech but the doctor was able to turn her around, so they started the pitocin and 4 hours later I was ready to deliver. My water even broke on its own for the first time! The doctor came in to check me and he was like, "Wait a minute, I feel a hand. Actually, I feel two hands!" So he tried to move them for a minute but it didn't work, so he said, "Well, we can't deliver a baby like that! Everyone prep for a c-section!" I was like, are you kidding me? After all that I still have to have a c-section??? It was actually kind of funny. I had already prepared myself for the possibility, so I thought, good, I don't need to push! I'm a really bad pusher. My other kids took hours. So I didn't mind when they gave me a big dose of medicine in my epidural, put a little hat thing on my head, wheeled me in the operating room and 10 minutes later I had a baby girl! I was surprised that it wasn't scary at all and I didn't feel a thing. Both doctors said that this is the first time in their careers of 15 and 20 years that they have seen a baby with both arms above its head. They said once in a while they will have one with one arm up and if it won't move they still have to do a c-section, but with both up there is no question. I had my two favorite doctors, Dr. Lamoreaux and Dr. Melendez, and they were so nice to me. It was actually kind of fun. Until the epidural wore off anyway, but we won't go into that. Let's just say that next time I will make sure they are prepared with another painkiller to put into my IV after the delivery because I am allergic to morphine and it was like hours before I got any more meds. Those were bad hours. BUT, I didn't care because I had my little Abby safe and sound and perfect!!! She is really healthy and I think she's just beautiful. I just couldn't imagine myself with a girl before she was born, and now I can't imagine life without her. She is just precious. I'm so grateful to everyone who was there and who has been there for me during this whole process. I'm especially grateful that my sister Kristen was able to be here from Kansas and be with me through it all. She is the best and I miss her so much! My mom is staying with me this week and helping out with the kids and meals and everything and it is so fun to have her here. I should have babies more often!

9 comments:

carrie said...

Anne Marie...I love love love all the pictures!! You're so right....She is absolutely beautiful!! She just fits in your cute family perfectly!! It's going to be so much fun for you having a little girl. You're such a good Mom....and I love having you for a friend. I loved coming over to see you guys the other day...and holding Abby. I would love to have my kids see her, too. Although I have to say that you wouldn't be able to get them past that cougar you have in your den area!! They would die over that....ha ha Please call if you need anything. I know you're cute family is still here, but I am here if you need me. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hi ampy! I love these pictures! I wish I was still there or that it was only a week ago so I would be leaving tomorrow. Thanks so much for letting me be there...it was such a great time. I loved it. Please post a picture a day for me. Love!

WeTheTeeples said...

Your pictures are adorable. And Abby is just precious. You look so good in your pictures, how do you do that?
IF you need anything after the family leaves let me know, I can be there in a second. I am going to have your boys come play to give you a break. I'll call you when your family is all gooe.
Your family is so cute.

a-anderson said...

Congratulation! She is so beautiful and perfect! Your family looks so cute. You look way to good in the hospital pictures. I look like something from the dead. I can also help if you need anything. Just let me know.

Oceanchild said...

You are such a trooper. I can't imagine any sort of birth being "fun" but somehow you make it sound like it is.

Abby is so sweet!! I want to come visit you guys soon.

Gina said...

Anne Marie...She is soooo beautiful. Congratulations!! I am so excited for you to have a girl...you are going to have so much fun with her. Put her in lots of bows and lots of pink (which I'm sure you already have)!! All my girls were small like Abby and it was so much fun!! Keep posting pictures!!

Emily said...

Congrats Anne Marie, she is beautiful! Lucky that she was so tiny. My little girl was bigger than my two boys! Enjoy! Enjoy! -Emily

Andrea said...

Anne Marie, she is so beautiful!! Congratulations! I'm glad things were "fun" for you. Dont you wish they were all like that? Hope your doing ok, please let me know if there is anything I can do!

Aaron said...

Those are great pictures! It is so good that abby was able to make it here safely.