Thursday, February 14, 2008

What a great Valentine's Day

Oh, my Jason. He just always pulls through for me on Valentine's Day. First he took me to lunch at Rumbi Island Grill, which I love. I usually just get a rice bowl, because one time I went out on a limb and got the kalua pork sandwich and it was two thumbs down, but today I decided to get adventurous again so I got the teriyaki chicken sandwich and it was soooo good! Grilled chicken, swiss cheese, red onion, lettuce, and grilled pineapple. So yummy! And I tried the chips and tropical salsa and it was way good, too. I also splurged and got a mango passion smoothie, and it was so refreshing. It was so nice to have a little bit of the tropics in the middle of this cold, wretched winter we are having (will it never end???). Then tonight Jason had me load up the kids and took me to the mall for my token outfit from the Buckle. I got a hoodie, some jeans and 2 tank tops. I'm so excited for new clothes! He also surprised me with some beautiful roses and bought me ice cream at Coney's on the way home. Oh, he didn't even have to do anything and he made sure it was a great day. I just love him! He makes me laugh every day. Seriously, he's just hilarious. The other day he was talking about someone doing a shady business deal or something and he said, "I don't know how that guy sleeps with himself at night." I laughed for like an hour. I'm still laughing! Happy Valentine's Day, Jason! I love you!!!!

14 comments:

Shauna said...

How fun Annemarie! I too love having a sweet husband. Ben is always so thoughtful as well. I love Jason's comment about "How can the guy sleep with himself at night?" So... Funny! I am so bugged about office as well. It is driving me crazy. Have a great day.

Gina said...

What a sweetheart he is!! I'm so glad you had a good Valentines!! How fun to get new clothes!!

Andrea said...

Sounds like you have it made. He really seams like all the man you deserve:) Any guy that takes you to your favorite store to buy new clothes is a keeper! I'm so glad you had a great Valentine's Day, you deserved all of it!

Christie said...

Aww. What a wonderful day. I'm jealous about the new clothes too. How fun!

The Gatherum Family said...

I love when my husband does thoughtful things. He is pretty good at gift giving too-sounds like a great day!

janae said...

You deserve it! I'm glad you had a great day. It sounds like you have a great relationship.

carrie said...

Good for Jason! I'm glad he treated you well... You deserve it!! I'm glad you had a Happy Valentine's Day!! :o)

Annie said...

What a fun day! A great girl like you deserves a great Valentines day! I think you need to take a picture of the new clothes for us all to see!

a-anderson said...

Sounds like you had a great valentine's day. What a sweet husband!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Sounds like fun!! Isn't it nice to be spoiled every now and then?? Have a great day.

Stephanie F. said...

Rumbi, yummy! I love their brown rice, I'm addicted. Glad you had a great Valentine's day :)

Teresa said...

oh, I'm so glad Jason is such a good guy & makes V-day fun. Will he let you go to Egypt with me? I'm an Egyptian now, too.

Kim said...

Hi Anne Marie:

Thanks for adding me to your list. I have been snooping on your blog, but
haven't dared post anything. I wondered if you would even remember little
ol' me!

You look like you have some AWSOME recepies! I HATE dinner time. I can see that I am going to have to try some of yours.


Glad you had a great Valentine's day!

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment, you are too kind. It has been fun to get to know people better through blogging. I too wish we could have gotten to know each other better while you lived over here, but it is never to late.
I am going to add you to my list as well.
~Stephanie