Sunday, January 13, 2008

Little boy, big heart

Oh, my little Dallin. The other day Jason got a little upset with the boys because they got into his gummy Valentine hearts and took them upstairs and ate them all. Jason wasn't too mad, but I think the boys felt bad. They know their dad loves those "squishy hearts". Jason left me with instructions to buy a bag "so big I could barely carry it" the next time I went to Kohler's (the hearts are in the bulk Sweets candy section). But before I could do that, Dallin found a few more hearts that had been overlooked, probably because they were under a chair or something. He was SO proud and put them in a little sandwich bag for his dad. Well, in the meantime, Luke happened across them and you can guess what he did. Dallin caught him in the act, and somehow managed to fish one out of Luke's mouth, almost perfectly intact. He then climbed up on a chair and washed the gummy off in the sink and put it back in the bag for Dad. Then he wanted me to call Jason and tell him about the present that was waiting for him when he got home. Here is a picture of Dallin with his little prize. I don't know why Jason hasn't eaten it yet, he loves those hearts so much...

11 comments:

Christie said...

That is the sweetest story - it almost made me cry. What sweet boys you have!

Gina said...

Too cute...I love to see sweet thoughtful boys!! Yum...the already eaten ones are the best, Jason will love it!!

Savage Family said...

That is so cute! I loved your post!

Anonymous said...

Steve and I were laughing at this post...thinking of Luke eating the heart while Dallin is digging it out. So funny! And how sweet of Dallin to be thoughtful! We miss Dallin and Lukey!

alison said...

Oh, I am laughing so hard right now. I can just hear Dallin getting mad at Luke. They are so cute! haha.

Aaron said...

That is so thoughtful of dallin. So funny of dallin to come right over to luke and fish it out of his mouth!!! I miss those boys. And of course Abby!

WeTheTeeples said...

I love th look on his face. He looks so proud! Now I want to see a pic of Jason eating it.

a-anderson said...

What a cute story. He is such a sweet little boy.

Stephanie F. said...

Hi! I'm adding you to my list of blogs :) Mmm, I love the cinnamon lips, gotta go get me some of those. Thanks for sharing your sweet story.

carrie said...

I love that story.... I'm with Lessley, I would love to see a picture of Jason eating the little heart. :o)

Andrea said...

Oh, that is so cute! How very thoughtful he is. I bet he really felt bad, poor little guy!