Monday, January 7, 2008

Some things are hard to understand.

Several of my friends have posted about this already today, but I just had to take a moment to pay tribute to my friend Kristy, whose life was cut short on her 30th birthday yesterday. She was a really sweet person who was always true to herself and those she loved. She was so full of life! It's hard to believe that she's gone. She has two little boys, each about a year younger than my two boys. Every time I look at my kids today my heart just aches for her, not being able to raise her precious children that she loved so much. Dallin and Luke probably wonder why they are getting so many kisses and hugs from their mom today! It makes me realize how much I take for granted, especially just the peace and happiness that I feel on a daily basis. Her life ended tragically, and it was probably filled with a lot of unhappiness, especially in recent months. How did she deserve that? I know it's nothing that anyone deserves, but to die at the hand of someone you love just doesn't make any sense to me. It makes me realize how precious each day we have on this earth really is. I'm going to try harder to be a better friend and mother and wife and make every moment count.

12 comments:

Gina said...

Very well put Anne Marie. It's a shame that such a tragedy makes us stop and realize how precious life is.

Stephanie F. said...

I'm so sad for her family and her kids. I hope they can grow up knowing what a great mom they had. I didn't know her too well, but you're right, no one - no matter what - deserves this. *hugs*

carrie said...

"Ditto" on what you all have written!! It's heartbreaking.... Like Stephanie said, I pray, with all my heart, that her boys grow up knowing how much their Mom loved them and truly wanted them. I loved what you wrote on my blog about every conversation with her was interesting. That is so true.... I had so many memories flashing through my head all day. I loved reading the memory blog, too. It was so touching....and I caught myself laughing through so much of it. I don't know if that sounds bad....but she was just funny, huh?? I loved the "saggy mama" comment. I'm so glad people are writing so many fun things about her....and remembering her good days. You are a wonderful person, Mom, and friend....and I am so grateful you are in my life. Love you!!

Christie said...

I have been so sad by this all day, and I just keep feeling terrible that I never tried to be her friend. It is such a tragedy. I smothered my kids with kisses too. She and I were pregnant with our firsts at the same time, and our second kids are only a couple of months apart. I feel so sad for those kids.

Oceanchild said...

I wondered if you knew her. I'm can't believe what a terrible tragedy this is. And you are right, it takes something like this to realize that every day is a gift.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I feel nosy admitting that I've been peeking at your blog, but first of all I have to tell you that I am in love with your blog and think that you are so witty and clever and I love your posts! But that being said, I just had to write and tell you how much I appreciate what you said and you wrote it so well and I am so sorry for you and everyone who has been affected by this (especially those kids-I am positively sick for them). Thanks for what you wrote and I'm glad you are feeling better, too. (See, I told you I'd been checking in on you!)
Love, Jenny Woffinden

Savage Family said...

It is so hard to think about and it is hard I can't stop! I just need to be a better person! I read what you said about your husband too was approached by her isn't that funny!!! There were so many funny times it brings a smile to my face : ).

Andrea said...

Very well put AnneMarie! it is so heart breaking, I tear up every time I think about it.

a-anderson said...

You are already a great wife, mother, and friend. But I know what you mean about having moments remind us how precious life is and finding in ourselves the power to do more and be more. I am so sorry for your friend and her family. It is just horrible.

Aaron said...

That is so sad about your friend. Hope all is well with the two little boys. You are so lucky Anne Mare, to not have things anything like that. It does make us realize how lucky we all are.

Lindsay said...

Anne Marie, thanks for posting on my blog! (I don't know where else to write this) I've linked onto your blog as well, and please add me to your list!
I am so glad you had a baby girl! Aren't they so fun!
I totally forgot you were Jamesons teacher - he totally loved you and was sad when you left.
I'm glad we can keep in touch better, blogs are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Yes, some things are very hard to understand. It's so sad to lose someone - especially this way. I'm sorry you had to lose a good friend. Let me know if you ever need to talk! Love!! kdph