Thursday, January 17, 2008

Peanut Butter Rice Crispies


I served these little beauties at my party last night and I've had a few requests for the recipe, so here it is:

1 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups Rice Crispies
1 bag milk chocolate chips
1 bag butterscotch chips

In a large saucepan, heat corn syrup and sugar until sugar melts, but doesn't boil. Stir in peanut butter and allow to melt. Add Rice Crispies and mix well. Pour and press into a 9x13 pan. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a large bowl in microwave (I stir after the first minute, then every thirty seconds for another minute or two). Pour chocolate mixture over cooled Rice Crispies and smooth with a spatula. Allow to cool, then cut into squares and savor the experience.

6 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

"Savor the experience" perfect description :) Thanks for posting the recipe. Actually I might regret knowing how to make them!

carrie said...

Those look so yummy. I love your recipes, so I'll save this one for when I can eat them and "savor the experience". ha ha Maybe I'll make them this weekend....My kids would love them!! Thank you!!

Christie said...

Those do look yummy. Good thing I"m allergic to peanut butter, or I'd be seriously tempted to cheat on my diet. Guess I could indulge with a side of benedry. :)

Lindsay said...

Holy yumminess...I wish I could've come, but now I'm thinking I would've gained a few pounds.

Andrea said...

Thank you AnnMarie, I love a new yummy recipe!! They were so good! Good think I left early enough while there was still some for everyone else!!

WeTheTeeples said...

Those were very yummy!! I think that is treat even Ryan will like. And its easy enough I think I can make them. I will have to give them a try.