Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Timp Archery Range

On Monday night we had a fun little adventure up to the Timp Archery Range in Provo Canyon. We cooked hot dogs and shot bows and enjoyed the beautiful night. It was funny because the wind was so strong down in the valley, and there were thunderclouds rolling in. I thought we were crazy for even attempting to go up there. But once we were there, the storms all headed east and there was no wind. It was calm and perfect and we had so much fun.

Dallin is a little pro. He puts us all to shame.
Abby found a little pair of butterfly wings at the picnic area and wore them upside down most of the night. She and her little cousin Taylor had fun running around and keeping their moms busy chasing them.
My beautiful sisters, Shayna and Teresa, with Taylor. They were both expert shooters with my bow. They will be moving in with me for a few weeks between semesters and I can't wait!!
Even Abby had to shoot a few times. Jason got so excited about her shooting that he went home and ordered a tiny bow just for her. Oh dear. It begins.
Dallin, my brother Ryan's little Katelyn, and Luke. Katelyn loves shooting and running around with the boys. She is so fun to have around.
My brother Ryan and cute little Taylor. I didn't get any pictures of his wife, Christa. She was listening for their little one-month-old baby Andrew most of the time so she didn't get to go traipsing around in the woods. She's a good sport.
Me with my sweet little Abby. I only shot once that night and the string hit my left elbow and I swore I would never shoot again. But I've said that before. I'm still waiting for an impressive bruise to develop.
And there's Luke, with the storm in the background. The rain started as we drove down the hill after 9 pm. Such luck!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow that sounds like a lot of fun! I can't believe those guys are so good at the bow, ok yes I can. All the other posts look good, sorry I haven't looked for a while. I forgot about the campground at Lagoon, good idea.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, Anne Marie!!!! I grew up on the Timp Archery Range. My dad was a member there and we would spend all summer going to the shoots. My mom was always in charge of the snack bar. I haven't been up there for years. I would love to see it again. Is it still a private club. Next time you go I would love to come too and bring my family. Oh the memories.

Anonymous said...

you are such a trooper! so impressive. after reading that i better go on mark's next motorbike trip.