Friday, May 25, 2007

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Yes, that's right, we found out today that we are having a baby girl!!! I didn't want to get my hopes up because I love my boys and I would have been thrilled to have another one, but I am so excited it's a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ultrasound showed that my due date of October 3 is accurate and the baby looks completely healthy at this point, which is all that really matters. But I am so excited it's a girl!!!!!!!!!! Dallin has said all along that it's a girl, and when we picked him up today at Alison's house after the appointment and told him he was going to have a sister he just looked at us and said, "Yeah, I already knew that." Like we were the stupidest people in the world. I guess we should trust him more. Four-year-olds usually know more than their parents, right? So I guess this means we have to name her "Minnie Yates," which is the name he has had picked out all along (the next boy, of course, will be "Mickey Yates"). And a shout out goes to Kristen for dreaming that I was pregnant with a girl before I knew I was pregnant. In her dream, she was at the hospital with me and a little girl that looked like Luke... So she's got 2 parts out of 3 right so far, we'll have to see if she's really here for the big event... I hope so!

5 comments:

Jason said...

Just to clarify WE ARE NOT REALLY naming our girl "minnie" That was just Dallin's idea.

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

Christa has a great grandma who had the name Minnie Maude Bingham. Perhaps you could consider Maude as the middle name. It works well with Minnie.

Aaron said...

Yay!!! I thought you would have a girl too. So Why didnt anyone tell me!!!!!!! I just announced it and mom looked at my like i was the stupidest person in the world, furrowed her brow, and said "You didnt know that?" and i was like "no". Well next time lets make sure the news gets to everyone and so some of us dont feel like idiots! haha jk

Oceanchild said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. I actually figured you'd have at least 5 boys before you got a girl. So way to go! Start buying lots of pink!