Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My obese gingerbread man

Do you ever feel like nothing you ever do turns out how it is supposed to? How hard is it to make a gingerbread man? I mean, I guess I could have used a recipe for actual gingerbread instead of my gingersnap cookie recipe... but gingersnaps are so good. And I wanted some cookies. So I thought, why not just put some dough in the shape of a gingerbread man for the sake of Christmas spirit and then I won't feel so guilty for eating a whole batch of gingersnaps all by myself. And the dough was so perfect. He looked just like the little gingerbread guy on Shrek. BUT, it was a bad idea. When I took him out of the oven, Dallin said, "Mom, he's FAT!" I blurred the edges of the picture so he wouldn't feel so bad about having his picture taken. It's more like a portrait this way. We didn't even bother to decorate him, we just ate him. He tasted pretty darn good if I do say so. But I think it is a message to me that I will look like that soon if I keep eating gingersnaps like I do...

Here are my homeless kids. I don't think they even knew they were supposed to be disappointed.

14 comments:

carrie said...

You are too funny!! I think he (the gingerbread man) looks yummy!! :o)
I think you could eat 5,000 ginger snaps and you would never look even a little chubby. You're too beautiful. You're a great cook, by the way, too!! I love those ginger snaps you make!! I still have that recipe you gave me, so maybe we'll make those this week!! yummmy

Savage Family said...

That is so funny!!! I loved the fat gingerbread man and yes he does look good enough to eat!!!! Your kids are so cute!

Oceanchild said...

mmmmm gingersnaps. I haven't made those forever. I love your little men (the ginger one and the real ones).

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I can't quit laughing at your obese gingerman. And Dallin and Luke are so cute! We just watched Shrek on Saturday. Have your heard of the Muffin Man?? Ha ha!

Gina said...

I'm just impressed that you tried to make a gingerbread man!! I don't do that kind of stuff...I just make the boring round cookies!! I love to see your cute boys...they are so cute!!

Steve said...

The one who lives on dreary lane?

alison said...

I laughed so hard at the part where you call your kids "homeless". haha. I feel like that ALL the time. I think I will make some gingers now. yum.

Andrea said...

That is funny!! Atleast it tasted good!! Your are a great cook, just try it again!!

WeTheTeeples said...

I think he is cute. And your boys are too. They don't look homeless at all.

Shauna said...

Wow, Annemarie, Luke has gotten so big. The boys look so much a like in this picture. The looks on their faces are priceless. I guess they didn't even pretend to love their larger than life gingerbread man. Funny!

John and Kassie said...

Hi Anne Marie! I just found you from Kristen and Steve's blogg and so I thought I would say hi---it has been forever since I saw you ----and I can't believe you popped out a beautiful little girl and still look as good as ever---I am not one of those sadly---Mace still pushes my tummy and thinks he is getting a baby brother for Christmas! So I feel a little like your poor gingerbread man--haha. Anyway---loved the gingerbread man---totally something that would happen to me when cooking! Hoe are you guys liking your new house? Let me know if you still want a lesson in the online scrapbooking---I am loving it! Happy holidays and take care!---
Kassie (Beck) Moen

R. Teeples said...

This is actually a really funny coincidence, and I can relate. I too had a cookie-related mishap.

We made some cookies for Lessley's birthday, that were supposed to look like little mice. I didn't know that cookies expanded so much when you cooked them, so our little mice ended up looking like giant New York City Sewer Rats.

So don't feel bad about a fat gingerbread man. At least you didn't burn them.

By the way, ginger cookies rule. Lessley and Eli don't like them though.

a-anderson said...

Cookies don't have to look good, they just have to taste good. And It sounds like your did. Your boys are so cute.

Aaron said...

I love the gingerbread man! Your kids are so funny! I laughed so funny when you said your kids looked homeless