Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our trip to Kansas

We just returned from the best trip ever! We took the whole family to Derby, Kansas to visit my sister Kristen and her husband Steve for 10 days. It was so fun! Jason was hunting whitetail deer, so the rest of us got to hang out and explore Wichita. Dallin even got to go hunting for a few days with Jason and loved it. This was the boys' first trip to Kansas, and they had a blast. We went to the zoo, Kids Fest, Madagascar 2, Exploration Place (a museum where the feature display was "The Scoop on Poop" - what kid would not love that?), and lots more fun stuff. Kristen's post pretty much sums it up. In addition, Dallin and Luke absolutely loved Kristen and Steve's dogs, Tank and Lucy. We don't have dogs, so our kids are really deprived and have no idea how to act around them. Dallin is usually terrified of dogs, but by the end of the trip he was running around with Tank and Lucy like he had known them all his life. Luke has no fear and his favorite thing was to have Lucy lick his face over and over. I was so sad to leave and I'm still in denial that the trip is over. I'm honestly a little depressed to be home. Thanks, Kristen and Steve, for such a great time and for all your generosity. Can't wait for next year!

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

sounds like a fun trip. and now you have the perfect christmas present idea, a puppy! I love those signs. There's a place in PG that has the same types of sayings. I loved reading them every month.

kdph said...

Oh Ampy, I miss you guys so much. I wish you were still here. I was just thinking about what we were doing last week at this time. Good post. I love the pictures of Luke and Dallin with Tank and Lucy.

Stephanie said...

Will you adopt me? You guys seriously go on the funnest trips. Glad you had a great time, coming home is the pits.

About your last post (the hunting one) I have been dying to show Mckay the HUGE kill you made, but am a little afraid he will leave me:) You are such a nice wife!

Joanne said...

SOunds like a fun trip!And those signs were so funny. Are you watching the midnight show tomorrow?

Shelly said...

It is always fun to see family. I am glad you were able to vistit your sister and have a good time.

bobbs said...

It looks like so much fun, I'm sad the trip is over & I didn't even go! I definitely missed out on that trip. Love the pics!

Oceanchild said...

Looks like so much fun!

carrie said...

I'm so glad you guys had so much fun!! Your sister is adorable. I think it's awesome you're so close. Your kids are getting so BIG!! I haven't seen them in a while, and they've just shot right up!! I loved your church signs, too. Funny stuff. :o)

Heidi P said...

Fun to see your sister..Don't you love sisters?! Everybody needs one. Your kids are so cute. Glad you had a good trip!