Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm in love with a vampire.

Well, if you haven't heard, the latest thing that you need to do to be cool is to read the book Twilight. So if you haven't heard of it you have probably been living in a cave. I heard about it a while ago, but I was a little nervous because it is about vampires and I'm kind of scared of them and I just didn't really know how interesting it could possibly be. But after girls camp and hearing about it from everybody I decided to give it a try. I ordered it online last week, and I ordered the sequel, too, just trying to have a little bit of faith for once in my life. Then, on Barnes & Noble, you get free shipping if you order more than $25, so I had to go ahead and save some money by ordering another book that I have never heard of but sounded kind of interesting and how can you go wrong with young adult fiction. I mean, talk about a bargain shopper. Sometimes I'm so proud of myself. Anyway, my point is that I was NOT disappointed in Twilight. How could I be. Oh my gosh. I heart Edward. I'm halfway through and I am trying to hold myself back from reading every minute of the day and wishing that I could be a vampire. Yes, there is laundry to be folded and cabinets to be painted and stinky bums to change, but they will all just have to wait a few hours more...

6 comments:

alison said...

I can't wait to start reading it!!

WeTheTeeples said...

Im so jealous. I have had the book for 5 days and I am only on page 22. You are so lucky.

Oceanchild said...

That's so funny. I heard about these books awhile back and even though I love vampires and all things goth/emo etc, I figured it was the tweener stuff that would be too predictable. So then my new nanny was like "have you read these books" and I felt like an old loser because I haven't. I guess I might have to join the following...although I am NOT watching HS musicla number one or two!!!

"stinky bums to change" I love and resemble that much.

haha.

carrie said...

OK...You inspired me. Gina gave me her book to read about a week ago & I haven't been motivated enough to start reading it. I started it last night...and I can't wait to finish it!! How's the cabinet coming?? Can't wait to see it finished!! Hey, last night after dinner....Jaxon told Jason he had a new nickname for him. He wants to start calling him "Jason Yates". Thought you might get a kick out of that one. hee hee

Gina said...

Anne Marie...
Ok I feel so much better now because you admited that you are in love with Edward and that you want to be a vampire!! I've been in the closet about that and didn't know who to tell!! So thank you for admiting it so I could come out!! Let me know when you are finished with the third book (I finished two and three in 3 days)!! And I will fly in to Utah and we can get a group of Edward fans together to go see the movie when it comes out...they had better get an actor that can do him justice (he's a hotty in my head)!! Can't wait for number 4(next fall aaaahhh)!! Anyway love it...love it!!

carrie said...

OK...I'm commenting AGAIN. I love love love these books. I read the first one in 3 days, only 'cause I had to go places and "function"...hee hee, but I finished the book 2, that I borrowed from you last night, at 5am. I am dying for the 3rd book now. I feel like a little kid....or just a phycho, who has fallen in love with an imaginary character in a YOUNG ADULT book. hee hee And oh yeah, a vampire, too. OH WELL. I'm obsessed...and yes, I heart Edward, too. Thanks, and I'll have Matthew drop your book off tonight on the way to football practice!! You're awesome!!