Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Where oh where will my little Luke sleep?

Well, I did kind of a dumb thing yesterday. I sold Luke's crib and changing table on KSL. I've been wanting a new crib for the baby, and I want a black one to go with the cute girl decor that I haven't put up yet, just because I think I deserve it even though I don't. I considered painting the old stuff, but there's only so much you can do Wal-Mart plastic. So I thought, I'll just list it and see if it sells, and then I'll put that money toward new stuff. Pretty sneaky. I listed it for $100 yesterday at about noon, and within an hour I had a lady call and say she was on her way with the money. She also wanted the changing table, which I said I would throw in for an extra $50. In the mean time, I had 3 more people call and say they were interested and to call them if it was still available. So the first lady came and got it, handed me the cash, and was on her way. No problem, I thought, I'll just run down to Babies'R Us and get a new cute black crib like I saw on their web site. All my dreams were coming true. Until I got there and realized that they don't actually stock the cribs, you have to order them and it takes 3 weeks, which is why I didn't order one online. And they only had one black crib and it was way more than I wanted to spend. I stopped at Target on my way home just to check, but all their cribs were lame and a half and just as much money. By this time it was about 9:30pm and little Lukie was really in need of a place to sleep and I wasn't about to volunteer my bed. So I decided to give the bunk beds a try, even though I wasn't planning on moving Luke to a bed until a few months after the baby arrives. And guess what? He fell asleep in the bottom bunk and stayed there all night!!! I'm here to tell you that miracles do still happen in this day and age. I'm just so proud of him! I tried to get him to reinact falling asleep in the bed this morning, but he wouldn't have it so this is the closest I could get. (Can you believe that bed-head? He got his hair cut 2 weeks ago and it's already like this huge bouffant again.) Now if I can just get him to take a nap... and I'll worry about the crib later.

5 comments:

carrie said...

You should look at USA Baby.... They had lots and lots of cribs, and all different prices...and most in stock. I went there as a last effort to find Bella's crib, and I ended up finding one I LOVED. It's at least worth a try... I can't believe Luke slept in the bunk bed all night!! Hooray!! My kids are in a sleeping funk lately...so feel free to pass on any advice to us!! I love Luke's hair!!

Aaron said...

good job luke! so where is luke going to sleep now.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love Luke! How cute is he! You need to have Jason bring him when he comes out here. I'll bring Lukily back when I come for Christmas. Deal! And his hair...bless his heart!

Oceanchild said...

Try RC Willey. I know they totally suck what with the no customer service and all. We had a black on picked out there for Landon's room, but I didn't want to send him into the goth-weigh-of-the-world-on-my-shoulders stage too early. If it were up to Jeff, the room woudl already be covered in Iron Maiden and AC/DC posters...

We had to wait FOREVER for our nursery stuff and got the last piece the Sunday before the boy arrived so I know your pain.

That's so great that Luke slept in the big boy bed all night. I wish he'd pass some of that hair over to Landon.

Rencher Fam said...

Anne Marie, I LOVE your blog! (I kinda feel like a stalker when I read it though because I got the link from Steven and Kristen's blog! ) Congrats on the upcoming birth of your baby girl!!
-Jenny (Hobson) Rencher