Sunday, October 14, 2007

A few items

Our first item of ward business today is you need to click on The Office clip to your right. It will be well worth your time. My favorite part is when Andy does the little bird thing with his hands. I used to hate him but he is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. You already know I am partial to Abba so this just made him all the more appealing to me. Well, maybe appealing is not the right word... but just watch it and see.

Our second item is Pumpkin Cupcakes. Everyone has been posting their favorite fall treats so I thought I would share one of my very favorite fall recipes, Pumpkin Cupcakes. I am making these to take to my in-laws' house later today and a few of them may have already been consumed. I know they look tantalizing, especially the picture where I am lifting the cupcake up to your mouth, but alas, you cannot partake. Sorry about that. If you love me enough and ask nicely, maybe I will appear on your doorstep with a plateful one of these days...


Pumpkin Cupcakes

1 spice cake mix
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
3 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1 cup Nestle mini chocolate chips
1 container cream cheese frosting (I like Betty Crocker Whipped)

Preheat oven to 350. Paper-line or grease 24 muffin cups. Blend cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water in large mixer bowl until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake 18-22 minutes. Let cool. Spread cupcakes with frosting and decorate!

I have also made these in mini-loaf pans and they are great. So easy. Feel free to share your favorite recipe with me, or just show up on my doorstep with a sample. I promise I won't turn you away.
Our last item of business is that my clever husband has hunted down a picture and added it to one of my previous posts. I'm only bring it to your attention because I love this picture. It is at the very bottom of this post: http://yatesrgreat.blogspot.com/2007/09/to-all-fictional-character-ive-loved.html

And that about wraps it up for today.

10 comments:

Savage Family said...

Anne Marie you are so funny I love the Office too! I was laughing so hard at that part!!!! I am going to try your pumpkin cupcakes they sound so good!!!! Thanks for posting your recipe!

Savage Family said...

One more thing.... I totally copied you on the counter sorry I think that is such a great idea! It will be fun to watch...

a-anderson said...

Anne Marie,

The cupcakes look yummy. I will haveto try them. You always are making great things so post more recipes.

WeTheTeeples said...

I love the Office. It is defenitely my favorite show. I just hate that I have to wait a week between episodes.
Those cupcakes do look scrumptious. Remember how close I live to you next time you have a couple extra goodies you want to get rid of. You could send Dallin over and you could watch him out the window, so you don't even have to leave your house to deliver. Just a thought. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for the cupcake recipe. I will try to make them tonight...they look so good!

Oceanchild said...

How do you do all the things you do? I mean I can't function with one child and a meaningless calling. I certainly can't make cupcakes. You are such a good mom. And the office is awesome. I loved when Dwight says "It seems the web site has come alive, like robots and machines often do" haha

alison said...

The pumpkin cupcakes are SOOOO good. I will have to make some very soon. Also, that picture of Dallin H. is so cute! No wonder your first born is named Dallin.

Andrea said...

You are too cute!! Thanks for your sweet comment! I love the office, that part was so funny! And hey, why do your nails look so perfect? I'm going to try those cupcakes!

carrie said...

I loved the cupcakes!! Thank you so much!! We all pigged out on them!! I guess I'll start my new diet tomorrow....ha ha!! Hey, by the way.....we had a yummy soup for dinner last night, and we were totally craving your bread bowls. You'll have to get me the recipe....even though I suck at making breads. :o)

WeTheTeeples said...

Those cupcakes look good, but taste even better. Thank you! You are amazing!